Secure Workspace Solution Delivers Centrally Controlled Package of Settings & Simplified Home Screens, Blocking Non-Approved Activities and Ensuring Secure Business-Directed Mobile Device Use
SANTA CLARA, CA–(Marketwired – Oct 9, 2013) – Amtel (www.amtelnet.com), the leading provider of integrated cloud-based solutions for mobile device management and expense control, today introduced new Android management capability for enterprise device deployments, enabling central distribution of a complete package of settings for mobile device and apps control as well as simplified home screens customized to the organization’s needs. Now included with Amtel’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, the new Secure Workspace for Android module eliminates the need to push settings individually while also creating a locked enterprise workspace that increases security, compliance and end user productivity.
The Secure Workspace solution is designed for field support, fleet management, education, healthcare, financial services and other business environments requiring high security and compliance precautions when mobilizing employees. It allows IT administrators to:
- Control how employees utilize company-supplied Android devices, preventing behaviors that can compromise the business or drive up data bandwidth requirements
- Centrally configure and push settings for business apps, whitelist and blacklist policies, bookmarks, passcode policies, WiFi, email and more to all users simultaneously
- Brand and customize home screens to display only approved apps
- Restrict access to non-business apps such as social networks, gaming, movie/TV streaming services, cloud storage services, vendor-installed Android apps and other unwanted programs
- Limit browsing to specific URLs
- Protect corporate information transmitted to mobile devices by encrypting and sharing it in a secure container, and automatically removing it when users close the business app
The solution saves admin time, eliminates end user configuration responsibilities, and also enables organizations to take advantage of built-in Amtel MDM security features such as geo-fencing. Users have the option to customize their device home screen with a choice of wallpapers and selected widgets.
“Secure Workspace gives admins total control over how employees use company-liable mobile devices by making it possible to create, distribute and impose restrictions on a package of configurations and settings specifically designed for a particular organization,” said Pankaj (PJ) Gupta, Amtel CEO and Chief Architect. “In effect, the device itself becomes a locked workspace or secure container that can be safely used for business purposes. This is the highest level of mobile security available in an MDM solution.”
Amtel’s Secure Workspace for Android supports Android 2.2 or higher and is available immediately. Amtel’s Mobile Device Management solution also offers full support for Apple iOS smartphones and tablets leveraging iOS security capabilities.
Amtel secures mobile communications for enterprise field services and BYOD, with a complete set of integrated, SaaS solutions that help improve operating efficiency, mobile worker productivity, and customer experience. Amtel is the only vendor who provides an integrated solution for all three aspects of enterprise mobility management– communications, security, and expenses. The entire solution is managed from a single, intuitive Web console. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley, Amtel is known for its relentless customer focus and rapid innovation, empowering the mobile revolution in enterprises. For more information, visit www.amtelnet.com